Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Hurry Up and Wait
The ultrasound today revealed that both boys are doing wonderfully; growing very comfy and apparently not interested in going anywhere just yet. Of course all the twins material I've read stated that almost all twins come early which is something my OB confirmed so I've been on high alert these past couple of weeks. But then today my OB said that because I'm doing so great and the babies are doing so great they just might go full term. "You mean 40 weeks full term?? That's not possible right??" I asked her with panic in my voice. How in the world can I get any bigger than what I am now? And if I do get bigger will I be confined to the house waddling around in a muumuu? Oh, lord. Well, yes, it actually is possible for twins to go full term. Rare but possible. That would put us in the early-mid June range. So the bottom line is that it's any body's guess when these little babies will decide to enter into the world and the best thing for G and I to do is enjoy each and every moment until then, muumuu or not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welllll, glad to hear things are going well (and you look great!) but time to plan an exit strategy, right?
ReplyDeleteYes! :)
ReplyDeleteDarn, was hoping you'd have a Mother's Day birth. But the longer they're in the better I suppose. Better for them, that is.
ReplyDeleteWell, good luck to all four of you when it does happen.
Thanks, we'll need it!
ReplyDelete