Tuesday, June 30, 2009

6 week checkup

The boys are doing great and are apparently growing at exactly the same rate. Each one is 22" long and weighs in at 8.14 lbs exactly. I think they like to think of themselves as identical twins. They recieved their second HepB vaccination booster at their visit as well. In an effort to avoid hearing/seeing the boys cry hysterically like they did last time (which made me cry well after they had stopped), I opted to leave the room only to find out that this time they hardly uttered a sound! I'm sure some veteran moms think I'm wimpy but I have "new mom" status which pretty much gives me a free pass for stuff like that.

Augie

Liam

Not sure.

7 comments:

  1. oh, SO adorable. I can smell the fresh baby scent all the way over here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is it about baby tushes that are so darn cute?? I can't stand when they make her cry either- they took off her clothes for weight yesterday and I about lost it when she started screaming and trembling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, I panicked after their first well-baby visit thinking, "I have so many more of these moments ahead of me...I'm not tough enough to be a mom!" But I'm hoping it gets a little easier each time or hopefully I'll get a little tougher.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Hungry Caterpillar, don't eat Auggie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It gets easier. I remember feeling my blood run cold when Lucy cried, but now instead of feeling panicked I am able to fix the situation and comfort with ease. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are already six weeks? Crazy. I'm sure even crazier for you two. They are too precious. . . I cried when Cleo got her first set of shots. Poor Mark had to console both of us. It's hard to see your baby hurting and confused. :( At least they will not remember it. . .

    ReplyDelete

Followers