Thursday, March 26, 2009

Baby Shower #2

My good friend Priscilla said she would love to host a baby shower for me but that holding it at her place would be impossible due to her kitchen being in the ruins of a remodel. She said she and some other friends would take care of everything, food, drink, decor, extra seating, etc. so I said it would be no problem to have it at our place. A few short days before the shower however just as I was beginning to seriously dread the cleaning of the house our plumbing decided to back up. I realized (after a quick freak-out) that this was in fact a divine stroke of good fortune. Instead of asking one of my other friends to host a very late notice shower, I thought, why not have it at Dagny's, our beloved coffee shop downtown? And that's just what we did and it was wonderful. We took up a whole cozy section where there was a very pretty spread of good eats, pretty flowers, and cupcakes!

P.S. I didn't personally take pictures of this shower either so you'll just have to imagine it until one of the girls sends some pics my way....and yes, this is the same outfit I wore to Shower #1 but I'm allowed to do that. I'm pregnant.

Me, relishing the fact that I did not have to clean, tidy or fix up the house a single bit.


First time wearing cute girly heels since I don't know how long. Although I loved wearing them, my feet did not.

5 comments:

  1. You look super cute! I need to find a baby shower outfit, but shopping right now is not up my alley on so many levels...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You look so amazing! That second picture looks like it belongs in a magazine for stylish pregnant chicks with super-cute houses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, girls! You are both so very nice to me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look prettier than ever!!!

    and those shoe really make me want a piece of bazooka...
    xo p

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so brave in those heels! Even flip flops give me a backache these days.

    I think you look better in those jeans than I normally do when not pregnant!

    ReplyDelete

Followers