Today I received my first tattoo. When I say "first" I mean pre-meditated well thought out very personal design, not the chinese character I flippantly decided to get on a whim at 19 years old after debating for three long minutes. What can I say, it was 1995.
Above is the image that first inspired the tattoo idea and below are the words that give it meaning:
"You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth. The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite, and He bends you with His might that His arrows may go swift and far. Let your bending in the archer's hand be for gladness; For even as He loves the arrow that flies, so He loves also the bow that is stable."
- excerpt from The Prophet by Khalil Gibran
And here are the two reasons I wanted to get this tattoo in the first place:

Above is the image that first inspired the tattoo idea and below are the words that give it meaning:
"You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth. The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite, and He bends you with His might that His arrows may go swift and far. Let your bending in the archer's hand be for gladness; For even as He loves the arrow that flies, so He loves also the bow that is stable."
- excerpt from The Prophet by Khalil Gibran
And here are the two reasons I wanted to get this tattoo in the first place:


P.S. Mom, don't be mad. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment